Intra-articular therapy for arthroses:
Platelet-Rich-Plasma Therapy (PRP)
The principle: Platelet-Rich-Plasma (PRP) Therapy for activating body’s own healing powers
PRP (platelet-rich or thrombocyte-rich plasma) is a modern therapy approach for strengthening autologous cell regeneration and activating the body’s own growth factors, cytokines and stem cells.
PRP is obtained easily and safely by centrifugation from patient’s whole blood. Thrombocytes contain a large amount of different growth factors and cytokines, which in turn have regenerating effects on the tissue. Injections of PRP into the affected tissue stimulate cell production, angiogenesis and formation of connective tissue. Also, proliferation of stem cells, fibroblasts and mononuclear leucocytes is induced. The autogenous treatment has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing accelerating effects, is versatile and can be used in orthopedics (osteoarthritis, bone regeneration), sports medicine (tendinopathies, fractures, tissue repair) and aesthetic medicine (skin rejuvenation, hair loss). The whole procedure takes no longer than 20 minutes. There are no risks or side effects for the patient.
PRP therapy can be combined with interstitial and intra-articular laser therapy very successfully. Due to the regenerative cellular effects of laser light treatment outcomes can be improved significantly.
- PRP extraction and injection into the affected joint or inflammated area
- Recommendation: Use of special sterile PRP kits for guaranteed application of sufficient numbers of thrombocytes
Advantages of PRP therapy:
- Boosts local healing and tissue (re)growth
- Natural procedure with patient’s own blood: no side effects or toxicities
- Individual therapy
- Easy handling, procedure doesn’t take longer than 20 min.
- Supports the body’s own potency of healing
- Cartilage protection and anti-inflammatory effects
- Prevention or delay of surgery
- Improvement in quality of life
- Cost efficiency (no other substances necessary)
- Can be combined with other methods such as laser therapy
Duplex-PRP Kits for a PRP volume of 2x 8ml/ 10 ml/ 15ml containing:
- 2 PRP tubes 8/10/15 ml (for 16/ 20/ 30 ml in total)
- 1 Butterfly 21G
- 1 Syringe 2ml + 1 Syringe 5ml
- 1 Cannula 27 G 13mm + 1 Cannula 27 G 28mm
- 1 Cannula 21 G 80mm
- 1 Needle Holder 48x32x52 cm
1 Double connectorThe most innovative comprehensive PRP kit you can find on the market
Guaranteed application of thrombocytes which themselves contain cytokines and growth factors (in contrast to many other PRP sets with a 0,2μ filter).
Clear separation of plasma from remaining blood components due to a special gel application. Platelet-poor plasma is removed in an additional step.
Tubes have a special coating so that thrombocytes are not clinging to the walls of the tube.
Our PRP Kits can also be combined with other centrifuges.
Highest quality and technologic standards.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) is a medical treatment in which the patient is exposed to a high ambient pressure, while he inhales medically pure oxygen. Usually, only a small part of the oxygen we breathe through the lungs can be found in dissolved form in the blood plasma. A much larger part, namely about 98 % enters the red blood cells (erythrocytes) where it binds to the haemoglobin. Due to the increased external pressure generated by the chamber, we can now dissolve 20 times higher levels of oxygen in the blood, which for the patient means numerous positive effects on syndromes and mainly includes the following mechanisms of action:
- Anti-edema effects by vasoconstriction of arteries
- Increased white blood cell activity
- New tissue development
- Edema reduction by vasoconstriction
- Reduction in the size of gas bubbles (in case of aterial gas embolism or decompression sickness)
- Bactericidal activity on anaerobic pathogens and toxin inactivation
- Activation of fibroblast proliferation
- Promotion of collagen synthesis
- Osteoclast activation and bone neoformation
- Angiogenesis stimulation
- Activation of leukocytes and macrophages
- Size increasement of the diffusion path for oxygen in the capillary (distance between cell and blood vessel) of typically 64μm to 247μm
Based on the mechanisms of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, the following indications can be treated successfully:
- Inner ear disorders (tinnitus, hearing loss, acoustic trauma)
- Wound complications (diabetic foot syndrome, oxygen deprivation in tissue transplants = hypoxia) Infections
- Bone (marrow) diseases (osteitis, osteomyelitis, disturbed fracture healing)
- Eye disorders (central retinal artery occlusions)
- Radiation damage (Osteoradionecrosis, radiation cystitis, radiation proctitis)
- Emergency indications (Diving accident, carbon monoxide poisoning, smoke
- inhalation, air or gas embolism, burns)
- Recurrence of advanced neuroblastoma (Nerve tissue tumours)
- Lyme disease
- Migraine, fatigue
- Anti-Aging, cellulitis, weight loss
- Cancers (in combination with photodynamic tumour therapy)
The efficiency of laser-based photodynamic tumour therapy can be enhanced by HBO because the increased amount of dissolved oxygen in the blood also activates the formation of oxygen radicals.